Nestled on a barrier island between the Indian River and the Atlantic Ocean, Orchid, Florida started as a farming community for bananas, leaf crops, and pineapples. At the time of incorporation, the town had 17 registered voters, but it continues to grow and flourish today. Residents and visitors enjoy a variety of water sports from sunbathing on the beach and splashing in the water to fishing and boating.
Wabasso Beach Park is the hot spot for summer sports, and you might catch sight of the town's best-known animals, the otter or the sea turtles. You can hop on your bike and ride around town or take a leisurely evening stroll. The town features many upscale homes and condos for residents and visitors on vacation. The daily high temperature rarely dips below the mid-70s, making it essential to keep your air conditioning unit in good working order and recognizing the signs of a problem.
Recognize the Signs Pointing to an AC Repair
With all the hot days in Orchid, Florida, you always want to make sure your HVAC system is in perfect running order. There are some signs that you might need a professional to repair the system. If you pay attention to the signs, you can save money by preventing further damage and keep your family cool in the summer heat. Here are a few of the most common signs that you need an AC repair.
- Age - Your air conditioner is one of the most costly items in your home. For this reason, you expect it to last a long time, but eventually, age becomes an issue. If you've had your HVAC unit for longer than a decade, you can expect some repair bills in your near future. You might consider the yearly check of your AC unit to look for issues.
- Rising utility bills - When you've owned your home for a few years, you know how much your monthly electric bill should be within a few dollars. A significantly more expensive electric bill can be a sign that your air conditioner needs repairs of some kind.
- Air doesn't blow - If you turn on your air conditioner and nothing happens, there could be a variety of problems. This might indicate a problem with the wiring or a blower motor. After checking to ensure that you haven't tripped a circuit breaker, it's time to call a professional.
- Air blows but it doesn't cool off your home - This type of problem can be a symptom of a variety of repair issues. Some are small, such as a clogged air filter, while others are more complex, including a frozen condenser coil.
- Air conditioning unit turns off and on in short, frequent bursts - If your system runs for a few minutes, cuts off, and then turns on again after a few minutes, then you might have a problem that needs a repair. Your house won't get completely cool when this happens so booking an immediate appointment is necessary.
Common Air Conditioning System Repairs
When you think there may be something wrong with your AC system, you spend a lot of time wondering what could be wrong with it. Of course, your AC service professional can quickly diagnose the problem using the latest tools and methods. There are some repairs that are more common than others. Here's a look at a few commonly required repairs:
- Problems with the air compressor - the air compressor is where your air gets cooled before returning to your home. You can lose coolant or debris can cause the compressor to freeze over. You might even need a new compressor to get the job done.
- Air filter replacement - To cool the air in your home, your AC unit takes the air in the home, pulls it into the unit, cools it, and then forces it back into the home. The air in your home comes with dust, dirt, and debris from smoke to pet dander. The air filter in your unit blocks these particles from entering your system. When it becomes clogged, it can cause all sorts of repair issues.
- Thermostat - If your system doesn't know the actual temperature in the home, then it can't cool it properly. A thermostat that isn't calibrated properly can present a variety of problems. If your unit cycles on and off, then the thermostat might be the problem.
Yearly Inspection of Your Air Conditioner in Orchid, Florida
If you need a repair and don't get it, your air conditioner will almost always suffer more damage. This makes catching problems early essential to your pocketbook. One way to ensure your HVAC system is working properly is with yearly maintenance and inspection from your local air conditioning company. The service person inspects many of the vital components of your air conditioner, including;
- Calibrate and verify thermostat operation
- Inspect safety controls, such as float switches, if available
- Add lubrication to the blower and fan motors, if accessible
- Monitor refrigerant pressures and temperatures
- Visual inspection for refrigerant leaks
- Inspect electrical components
- Clean condensate pan
- Clean and treat condensate drain lines
- Scrub outdoor coil with cleaner
- Inspect U.V. bulbs
- Check and tighten electrical connections
- Run efficiency test
- Service and replace filters
Reason to Choose Us for Your AC Service in Orchid, Florida
At Advanced Air Conditioning, we go the extra mile to be the best AC service company in the area. There are many reasons to call us first, including:
- Founded in 1999
- Fully licensed and insured
- EPA and HVAC certified
- All of our technicians are trained and certified
- Drug-free work environment
- Uses the latest Clean Air technologies
- An accredited, A+ rated business with the Better Business Bureau
- Google Guaranteed
- Online specials
- Free estimate
- Financing available
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week emergency service
- and many more.
Expansive Service Area
Advanced Air Conditioning enjoys working closely with its clients because we view you as friends and neighbors. Our expansive service area allows us to reach out and become part of many communities, such as:
- Indian River Shores
- Vero Beach
- Winter Beach
- and more!
We're ready to spring into action to help solve your air conditioner repairs. Call us today to learn more about our services.