Sebastian Gets Hot
The weather in Sebastian Florida can be extremely hot and humid and the only escape is to stay inside with the air conditioning. With average daytime temperatures around 90 degrees and nighttime temperatures that rarely dip below 75, the last thing that you want is for your air conditioner to break down. Ensuring your AC unit operates at peak performance requires regular maintenance and occasional repairs. A reputable, experienced company like Advanced Air Care will not only keep your unit running properly, they'll also save you money with fewer repairs and lower utility bills.
Air Conditioner Basics
Since air conditioning is such an important part of life in Florida, it's important to understand a bit of basic information about your unit. For example, your home or business's central air conditioner should last somewhere between 10 and 15 years before it needs to be replaced. However, it can last as long as 20 years if it's properly maintained. That means regular maintenance such as checking and changing the filters, keeping an eye on the coolant level, and replacing any faulty parts in a timely manner.
Common Air Conditioner Issues
After exploring the beaches of the Treasure Coast or a visit to Pelican Island, the last thing that you want is to come home to a hot, stuffy house. If your air conditioner quits working, that's exactly what will happen. Not only will the temperature soar inside your home, but the humidity will also build up making it unbearable to be inside. If you find yourself in this position, don't hesitate, call in a professional to fix the problem right away. At Advanced Air Care, we're experienced in all manner of AC repairs and we'll take care of the issue immediately.
Not sure if you should call in an air conditioning expert? Anytime your AC isn't working right, it's a good indication that you need to contact someone to take a look. Remember that air conditioning units are complex machines and unless you're an expert you shouldn't attempt to make any repairs yourself. Here are a few signs that your AC unit is in need of repairs.
- Your AC Won't Come On - When you turn your thermostat down, you expect that cool air will start to flow through your vents to cool your home. If nothing happens when you click on the AC, it's a good indication that there's either something wrong with the unit itself, or there's a thermostat problem. In either case, it's best to let a professional inspect the unit to find out the exact nature of the problem.
- No Cool Air Comes Out - If your air conditioner appears to come on, but isn't blowing any cool air, it's a sure sign that something is wrong. You can try turning the temperature down to see if the air starts to cool off, but if it doesn't work, it's time to call in someone with more experience. A reliable air conditioner repair service will troubleshoot your unit, pinpoint the problem, and make the needed repairs.
- Odd Sounds Coming From the Unit - You expect a certain amount of sound to come from your air conditioner. Mainly, you'll hear a light hum when you're standing near the unit outside and you'll hear the air being forced through the vents. Any other noises like knocks, squeaks, or squeals are a sign that repairs are necessary. The sooner you call in an AC repair company, the better for your AC unit.
- You Notice Strange Odors - The evaporator coils on your air conditioner collect odors such as cigarette smoke and push them into your home. Likewise, mold and mildew cause bad odors to accumulate inside vents and duct work. However, the most concerning odor is a burning smell, which indicates something inside the unit is too hot and a potential fire hazard. If you notice any odd smells coming from your air conditioner, call someone in to check the system, especially if it's a burning odor.
Common Causes of Air Conditioner Issues
Your air conditioner should operate in a quiet, efficient manner for the duration of its lifetime. If it isn't operating properly, the cause of the problem may be a simple fix but this is not always the case. The most common causes of air conditioner problems include:
- Dirty or Clogged Air Filter - The air filter on your air conditioning unit is meant to keep debris from entering your home where you can breathe it in. If your filter is clogged and dirty, it cannot do its job properly and it will restrict the airflow into the sytem and your home. Regular filter changes are essential to avoid this issue. Filters should be changed at least twice per year for optimal operation.
- Low Coolant - Your air conditioner relies on coolant in order to produce the fresh, cool air that you require inside your home. If there's a leak in the coolant line or the system is low on coolant, it won't work the way it's supposed to. Never attempt to remedy this situation on your own. Only a trained air conditioning repair specialist should attempt to refill the coolant.
- Thermostat Issues - A malfunctioning or broken thermostat cannot control the air conditioner's output correctly, resulting in the unit not working right. While it is possible for a homeowner to replace their own thermostat, if you're not comfortable working with electricity, it's best to leave this to the experts. They'll replace the old thermostat and make sure that it's in the right location to provide optimal operation.
Sebastian AC Repairs and Maintenance
Advanced Air Conditioning and Heating has been serving the Sebastian, Florida area for more than 20 years now and we're air conditioner experts. From routine maintenance like replacing filters and refilling coolant, to repairs, and new AC unit installation, our experienced technicians are capable of handling any air conditioning issue you encounter. If you're experiencing AC issues, don't hesitate to contact us and we'll send someone out right away to evaluate the problem. We'll keep you in the loop by explaining what we need to do, what it will cost, and how long it will take. Your family's comfort and your satisfaction are our number one concern.